Millbridge Consulting Ltd is a New Zealand incorporated company formed in 2002 to provide a technical consulting service to the process industry.
Director and Principal Consultant: Jim Miller
Jim Miller is a mechanical engineer who spent over 25 years in research, technical, and commercial management roles in the New Zealand dairy industry. Since 2002
Jim has offered a consultancy service to the food industry and has undertaken assignments in New Zealand, Australia, and Asia. Consulting work has been primarily in the areas of energy analysis, energy efficiency, and greenhouse gas emissions management.
BE(Mech)(1st Class Hons)(Canterbury);
Member, Energy Management Association of New Zealand.
Significant Publications / Presentations
- The opportunity to reduce the electricity footprint of New Zealand’s dairy farms (Final report of the Dairy Electricity Advisory Programme, December 2011. (Read here)
- Efficient use of energy and water in the dairy industry. Invited paper presented at the IDF World Dairy Summit in Mexico City, (2009).
- Identifying and implementing more sustainable energy use practices. Paper presented at NZIFST Annual Conference (Food Sustainability), (2008)
- Energy management in milk processing. Contributed chapter to Energy in Food Processing, R. P. Singh (Ed.), (1986).
- Successful Energy Management in an Up-to-date Food Processing Industry – A Case Study, Engineering & Food (Proceedings of the Third International Congress on Engineering & Food, Dublin, 1983)